Decoding Dyslexia - NY is a grassroots movement driven by New York State families concerned with limited access to educational interventions and evidence-based instruction for Dyslexia within our public schools. We aim to raise Dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children and help to inform policy-makers on best know practices to identify, instruct and support students with Dyslexia in New York state public schools.
Find out more about DDNY here
We are advocating for New York to implement:
1. A Universal definition and understanding of Dyslexia in the State Education Code
2. Teacher training on Dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate evidence based-intervention strategies
3. Early screening for Dyslexia in public schools
4. Evidence-based Dyslexia remediation and instructional programs implemented with fidelity, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
5. to appropriate "assistive technologies" in the public school setting for students with Dyslexia.
ADVOCATE. EDUCATE. LEGISLATE.
Decoding Dyslexia - NY
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. -Henry Ford